Congratulations to the Sherlock team! The show won 7 awards and is the biggest winner of the Emmys 2014!
((I know who this is but I’m answering it anyways because I’m bored))
I’ll be using my three OCs- Eric Walker, Andrew, and Clyde Constantine ((eventually I will draw these bitches. I will))
Under the cut for details about my OCs that I roleplay with/create in my spare time.
I don’t know what this is about could you clarify?
- send me a number 1-60 and i'll answer the questions with one of my OCs
- 1: What's your OCs favorite color?
- 2: Where does your OC work?
- 3: What's your OCs favorite food?
- 4: Does your OC prefer paper or plastic?
- 5: How old is your OC?
- 6: Does your OC have any supernatural powers?
- 7: Is your OC in a relationship?
- 8: What are some of your OCs strengths?
- 9: What are some of your OCs weaknesses?
- 10: What is your OCs favorite outfit?
- 11: What is your OCs spirit animal?
- 12: Is your OC sexually active?
- 13: What is your OCs earliest memory?
- 14: Does your OC have a cell phone? If so, what kind?
- 15: What makes your OC angry?
- 16: When is your OCs favorite time of year?
- 17: How long can your OC hold their breath?
- 18: What kind of underwear does your OC wear?
- 19: Does your OC prefer plaid or polka dots?
- 20: What's your OCs favorite kind of pizza?
- 21: Who is your OCs best friend?
- 22: Has your OC ever killed someone?
- 23: Whats your OCs biggest secret?
- 24: What does your OC smell like?
- 25: What time of year does your OC prefer?
- 26: Is your OC a human or an animal? (or something else idk)
- 27: What languages does your OC speak?
- 28: Does your OC like anime?
- 29: Can your OC swim?
- 30: What does your OC choose to do about the, er, hair down there?
- 31: Does your OC believe in fairies?
- 32: Did your OC go to college? What did they major in?
- 33: Are your OCs parents dead?
- 34: Is your OC religious?
- 35: How flexible is your OC?
- 36: What turns your OC on?
- 37: What was your OCs first word?
- 38: Does your OC have any pets?
- 39: Who is your OCs biggest enemy?
- 40: What is the craziest thing your OC has done?
- 41: What is your OCs motto about life?
- 42: Does your OC drink coffee or tea?
- 43: Who is your OCs biggest hero?
- 44: What color eyes does your OC have?
- 45: Does your OC like reading?
- 46: Is your OC loyal?
- 47: Does your OC tolerate violence?
- 48: What social class is your OC from?
- 49: What country was your OC born in?
- 50: Does your OC cry easily?
- 51: What is your OCs favorite genre of music?
- 52: How does your OC feel about insects?
- 53: What is your OCs sexual orientation?
- 54: Does your OC smoke?
- 55: What gender is your OC?
- 56: What kind of clothes does your OC wear?
- 57: Would you call your OC adventurous?
- 58: Is your OC introverted or extroverted?
- 59: What is the first thing that someone would notice about your OC?
- 60: Does your OC enjoy nature?
you know what i noticed?
sherlock is *less* rude to his father than he is to his mother.
when mummy displayed the slightest bit of affection for sherlock (in the form of a caress to the cheek) he immediately sought to remove himself from the interaction, as opposed to when his father displayed affection through his concern for Sherlock’s friends, sherlock simply acknowledges daddy’s sentiment without so much as a second thought.
this observation leads me to believe that sherlock may have spent more time around his father as opposed to his mother, alluding to how he ought to interact with the world given that his father seems to lack social skills as well.
just a thought
it could also lend to the fact that, when his mother was giving affection, it was to him, both times that we see her do it — the one time at 221B and the second time when she threatens to become “absolutely monstrous” towards whomever shot him. But when it’s Sherlock’s father, he’s giving concern to Sherlock’s friends, to John and to Mary, to people that he connects with and relates to. He cares about them, and so anyone who reflects that care towards them, he will accept the sentiment because he feels it too
Now I’m just imagining the Holmeses as young parents:
Mummy - genius, but not very good with kids, so she reads tons of parenting books because she really wants to do a good job (no matter how often Daddy Holmes tells her she’ll do just fine), and the books say that if a child isn’t shown affection by their mother, it gives them all sort of complexes, so she makes a deliberate effort to be affectionate to her children every day…even though she’s a bit rubbish at it, she keeps trying because she believes it’s important.
Whereas, Daddy Holmes simply notices that Sherlock doesn’t like physical affection (witness his cringe when Angelo grabs and hugs him in the restaurant), so he shows his love by verbal compliments instead. (“Well done, Sherlock.” “How extraordinary. Did you do that all by yourself?”)
What I think is even more interesting is how this plays itself out when Sherlock grows up. I reckon Sherlock is much more like his mum temperamentally, which we can see in his awkwardness when Archie and Anderson hug him: “OMG physical contact is expected of me in this situation I have to do something there I patted them that counts right?”
Whereas John, upon hearing Sherlock’s deducing skills for the very first time, responds with a verbal compliment, exactly like Daddy Holmes: “that’s extraordinary.” And Sherlock lights up like a candle.
This is actually really sad because now I’m just imagining Mummy like in her bedroom and crying because she’s trying really, really hard to be a good mother and it doesn’t seem like her boys like her and she just feels fucking awful for it and Daddy is trying hard to reassure her and saying she’s a great mom they just need time and she’s just convinced that she’s just awful.
the main difference between Sherlock and Mycroft is because Sherlock remembers all the teasing and the hate and terrible, terrible things that were done to him by other people in school and stuff when he was younger and he uses that to better himself and help people who are different.
Mycroft remembers all the stuff too. He just uses it to build a bigger and better wall.
The dream begun under a tree is sweeter than the stories you tell yourself over dirty dishes.